Individual violators face fines between $25 to $750, business owners criminal penalties
The Village of Norridge board of trustees, at the August 26th board meeting, unanimously passed an ordinance requiring all persons inside Norridge to wear a face covering, with some exceptions.
Residents must wear a mask when:
- Visiting a store or health care provider
- Picking up food at a drive-through
- Using public transportation, such as a bus, taxi, or ride-sharing services
- Public-facing employees of businesses and churches when interacting with customers and coworkers
Residents must also wear a covering outside “while other people are present”.
- Children under 2, and adults with qualifying medical conditions
- Walking or running while maintaining at least 6 feet of distance
- When eating or drinking, inside or outside
- Alone or with members of the same household
Violators may be fined from $25 to $750. Businesses face a Class A misdemeanor criminal penalty and up to $2,500 fine.